While this page will list job openings that are sent to the executive board, all posting is at the discretion of the editor. This is not a comprehensive list of job openings in the State of Delaware, and should not be misconstrued as such.
Presbyterian Church of Dover Music Director
The Presbyterian Church of Dover (54 S State St., Dover, DE 19901) is seeking a part-time music director. Person is responsible for directing the chancel choir at Sunday worship services as well as directing "Faithful in Flannel," a less formal group. Director works with the pastor in planning Sunday music selections. Leads weekly rehearsals. Compensation commensurate with experience. Obtain position description by calling 302-734-3313 or email@example.com or by visiting http://www.doverpresbyterian.org/announcements. Deadline for applications May 25."
PCD is a congregation of about 200 members nestled in the heart of the Dover's historic downtown and is part of the New Castle Presbytery of PCUSA. We recently installed Rev. Kim Jackson as pastor and the new music director will work closely with her, the organist, and the bell choir director to plan worship.
Settlement Music School Branch Director: Germantown (1621 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19144)
The Branch Director is responsible for the educational, artistic and administrative management of the Germantown Branch and works as a member of the senior management in the overall administration of Settlement Music School. The person will work closely with all Branch Directors and the Director of Education to build upon successful program development models to encourage student recruitment from the community. The Germantown Branch Director is integral to building new partnerships and developing existing ones in the local community, which has been an area of tremendous growth for the School in the past several years.
Specific responsibilities for this full-time position include:
- Hire and supervise a six person (full-time and part-time) office and custodial staff
- Assign and supervise approximately 50 faculty
- Oversee programs that provide more than 750 services per week
- Develop partnerships within the community served by the branch
- Continue to build enrollment
- Act as the staff liaison to the Germantown Branch Board of Directors
- Manage a 25,000 square foot branch facility and grounds
The Branch Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Director of Education.
- Bachelors degree in music performance or music education
- Masters degree in music performance or music education or equivalent experience preferred
- 7+ years teaching experience and arts administrative experience that includes management
- Extensive knowledge in the field of community arts education
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with individuals inside and outside the institution and be an outstanding advocate of Settlement’s mission
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Send cover letter and resume by email onlyto: Helen Eaton, CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Settlement Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Settlement Music School Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program Head Teacher - Full Time
Qualifications: B.A. Early Childhood Education. Two years experience working as a teacher in a preschool program. Head Teachers work under the direct supervision of the Early Childhood Program Director.
Head Teacher responsibilities:
- Provides any and all documentation necessary for program licensing under PA Department of Public Welfare and PA Department of Education regulations.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all Settlement Music School Code of Personnel Practices, Head Start Performance Standards, CACFP, Keystone Stars, School District of Philadelphia and NAEYC Accreditation Criteria.
- Works cooperatively with all Settlement Music School staff, Early Childhood Program staff and all other support service providers. Regular and frequent communication with Kaleidoscope Social Worker of all information on children’s health, welfare, education,’ and family issues.
- Supervises assistant teachers, parents, visitors and volunteers.
- Orientation and training for new staff, substitutes and student teachers.
- Curriculum planning and implementation consistent with NAEYC guidelines for Developmentally Appropriate Practice, PA Early Learning Standards, Keystone Stars criteria, Head Start Performance Standards and the Kaleidoscope Preschool Arts Enrichment Program Curriculum/Creative Curriculum. Providing and posting monthly lesson plans and reflections for school year. Daily communication and review of curriculum lesson plans with Kaleidoscope artist teachers. Full participation in arts classes and assistance for arts teaching. Preparation and completion of all steps in individual child assessment process.
- Fully participates in special events, staff meetings, research projects, conference presentations or other assignments that are mandatory.
- Facilitates and encourages positive daily parent communication and involvement in the Kaleidoscope Program.
- Sets up and maintains classroom, orders supplies, and inventory. Ensuring all postings are clear and presentable and keeping classroom clean and tidy.
- Oversees and maintains daily, weekly, and monthly recordkeeping.
- Participation and contribution to program planning, evaluation and professional development. Seeks ongoing personal professional development, and supports professional development of co-workers.
- Performs any duties assigned by the Early Childhood Director necessary to sustaining the growth and improvement of all programs included in the Settlement Music School Early Childhood Initiatives.
- Maintains professional demeanor with co-workers, administration, children, and parents at all times.
Head Teachers will receive a written, yearly evaluation by the Program Director.
To apply send cover letter and resume to Danielle Marone at Danielle.email@example.com
No Phone Calls Please
A Cappella Pops Assistant Musical Director
MUSICAL ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - wanted for auditioned 30+ member mixed voice a cappella Chorus rehearsing Wednesday nights in West Chester PA. This role will support the chorus and Director in rehearsals and occasionally conduct performances. AD may also be a singing member of group. Chorus sings 4-8 part arrangements from all musical genres including Jazz, Pop, and show tunes. We are proud of our performances at Carnegie Hall, Philadelphia July 4 celebration, and the Christmas Celebration at the White House and we have “flash mobbed” many weddings from Philadelphia to NYC. Some compensation is available. For more information go to A Cappella Pops. We look forward to receiving your musical resume which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Mark's Lutheran Church
St. Mark's Lutheran Church in Wilmington, DE is looking for a keyboard player for their Praise Band, Souls On Fire. Wed. Rehearsal 6:30-8:30 & Sun. 10:00 - Noon - Approximately 4-6 hours a week. Interested parties should contact Nicole Matos at (302) 521-4873 or email@example.com.