While this page will list job openings that are sent to the executive board, all posting is at the discretion of the editor. This is not a comprehensive list of job openings in the State of Delaware, and should not be misconstrued as such.
A Capella Pops Assistant Musical Director
MUSICAL ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - wanted for auditioned 30+ member mixed voice a cappella Chorus rehearsing Wednesday nights in West Chester PA. This role will support the chorus and Director in rehearsals and occasionally conduct performances. AD may also be a singing member of group. Chorus sings 4-8 part arrangements from all musical genres including Jazz, Pop, and show tunes. We are proud of our performances at Carnegie Hall, Philadelphia July 4 celebration, and the Christmas Celebration at the White House and we have “flash mobbed” many weddings from Philadelphia to NYC. Some compensation is available. For more information go to A Cappella Pops. We look forward to receiving your musical resume which can be sent to email@example.com.
Colorado State University
Position:Assistant Professor of Music Education – Secondary Choral/Vocal Emphasis, tenure-track. Start Date: 8/16/18
Qualifications: Doctorate in Music Education (or ABD); Evidence of successful secondary choral teaching experience in public schools; State Teaching Licensure in Music; College level teaching experience in music education; Demonstrated record of, or the evidence of potential for peer-reviewed scholarly publications in recognized regional and/or national music education journals; A clearly defined and articulated research agenda; Interest in advocacy and national leadership in music education and active involvement in national and/or international music education organizations; Demonstrates initiative as self-starter and ability to work well independently and as part of a team; Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Three or more years secondary choral teaching experience preferred; Piano and conducting experience; Experience teaching distance coursework; Experience teaching graduate level college students; Demonstrated ability to work and cultivate relationships with diverse populations; Ability to engage with music education specific technologies in pedagogical settings.
Diversity Statement: Ability to advance the department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching and outreach with relevant programs, goals and activities.
Position Expectations: Assistant Professor of Music Education – Secondary Choral/Vocal Emphasis, tenure-track. Responsibilities: Contribute to the leadership, direction, and growth of well-established undergraduate and graduate degree programs in music education, teach secondary choral methods and voice techniques, and other related courses as needed, proactively attract and recruit undergraduate and graduate choral music education majors, cultivate relationships with CSU Alumni and secondary choral teachers across Colorado for student teaching and job placements, place and supervise students in practicum and student teaching, develop and maintain a record of peer-reviewed scholarly publications within the field of music education, maintain and develop partner relationships with the School of Education, participate in School governance, School events, and demonstrate strong leadership within the state of Colorado, Western region, and emerging leadership in choral music education within the United States.
Applications Must Include:
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 11/15/17.
Please submit a cover letter, current curriculum vitae with State Teaching License Number, five to seven professional references with contact information, and two hyperlinks to streaming video of you teaching secondary or collegiate students in a choral setting (15 – 20 minutes in length). Online links should be embedded in a word document and should be accessible by direct link (e.g. no further registration is required), through domains such as YouTube or Vimeo. All materials must be submitted digitally.
URL to Complete Application:
Teacher - Music - General/Vocal ( 6 Mt. Pleasant Elementary/.4 Claymont Elementary)
Job Goal: The Music teacher will help develop in each student an appreciation of the art of music as part of general culture; to teach techniques of vocal music expression; to discover and develop talent of student in the field of music; and to develop knowledge and skills in listening and/or reading music.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Education and/or Music.
- Eligible for NCLB Highly Qualified Designation in Music.
- Possess or be eligible for educator licensure and/or certification in Delaware for Music Teacher.
- Mastery of the necessary content knowledge and skills to successfully teach Music and deliver exceptional standards-based instruction to specific grade levels that ensures academic growth for all students, including those with special needs.
- Proficiency in automated student information systems for progress and grade reporting and class work documentation and ability to integrate technology into instructional delivery preferred.
- Exceptional classroom management, organization, planning, instructional delivery, leadership, and technical skills; and the ability to utilize differentiated instructional methods to engage students in positive learning experiences.
- Outstanding ability to motivate and build relationships with students and parents to promote student achievement and strengthen community partnerships.
- Commendable history of effective leadership, extra-curricular participation, an acceptable attendance record, and exemplary performance.
- Develop daily and unit lesson plans and a scope and sequence that are thoughtful, goal-oriented and aligned with curriculum and integrate technology; maintain pace of learning and provide opportunities for student differences; and check for student understanding and convey appropriately high expectations for students.
- Carefully plan for substitute teachers when unable to attend school and relate lessons to the state content standards in the core content areas as well as in specific content area.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment to encourage all students to be engaged and work toward meeting the standards; maintain accurate, thorough records of student achievement and behavioral performance; and complete progress and grade reports promptly and as scheduled using automated systems.
- Promote a high rate of student interest and provide prompt and specific feedback in a constructive manner and opportunities for active participation; demonstrate fairness and consistency in dealing with students; and speak and write clearly, correctly, and at an appropriate level for student understanding.
- Comply with policies, regulations and procedures of school district and building; communicate effectively with parents and work collaboratively with staff.
- Display high level professional conduct and image at all times; establish and maintain an acceptable attendance record; and participate in extra-curricular activities and/or leadership roles outside the classroom.
- Continue to grow as a professional educator with classes/workshops for professional development in specific areas of interest and/or need and coaching and feedback from administrators and peers.
- Perform other duties and/or complete special projects as assigned.
Please visit the Brandywine School District Website for more details and online application details.
Concordia Lutheran Church Director of Music-Part Time
Director of Music - Dynamic LCMS Lutheran church poised for growth seeking talented professional, comfortable with a variety of musical styles, to lead our music ministry – organist, adult choir director, and handbell choir director. Send resume and cover letter to Music Ministry Team, Concordia Lutheran Church, 3003 Silverside Road, Wilmington, DE, 19810. Visit www.celcde.com for complete description.
Padua Academy Seeks Part-Time Choral
Padua Academy is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time chorus teacher for the 2017- 2018 academic year. The Women’s Chorus class meets during Period 1 on Cycles 1-6 of a 7 day schedule. The Chorus teacher assists the Director of Campus Ministry with music for school liturgies, which includes weekly practices and accompaniment.
Padua Academy is a Catholic, college preparatory, secondary school for girls located in Wilmington, Delaware. Founded in 1954, Padua is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and has been named a National School of Excellence by the United States Department of Education. Padua Academy is a four-time recipient of the State of Delaware’s “Superstars in Education” Award and was named as a Top 50 National Catholic High School. Padua Academy currently enrolls 660 young women in grades 9 - 12. The student/faculty ratio is 13:1 and more than 71% of our faculty members have earned masters or doctoral degrees.
- A commitment to the values of the Catholic faith
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Music Education, or similar degree * Previous teaching experience at the secondary level is preferred
Directing the Padua Academy Women’s Chorus
Collaborating with our Director of Campus Ministry on school liturgies to include
weekly practices with students, teaching music and providing accompaniment
Assisting with events that occur throughout the school year including two annual
concerts (Christmas and spring)
Preparing students for competitions throughout the year (All State Chorus)
Participating in events that help promote and grow the Fine Arts program
How to Apply
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to Dr. Mary McClory, Vice Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Providence Creek Academy seeking long-term substitute.
- Bachelors degree in Music preferred with an emphasis on vocal music, must have ability to play parts and basic accompaniments.
- Job will begin end of April/early May through end of the school year.
- Teacher will be required to teach general music for grades, K, 1st, 5th, and 7th.
Concert Choir composed of 74 middle school students
Women’s Choir composed of approximately 45 middle school students
Men’s Choir composed of approximately 25 middle school students
In school sectionals for all vocal performance groups
Assist the band director with the Percussion Ensemble
Create weekly sectional schedule to be distributed to staff
1 after school rehearsal a week for elementary choir, group of about 60 students
St. Mark's Lutheran Church
St. Mark's Lutheran Church in Wilmington, DE is looking for a keyboard player for their Praise Band, Souls On Fire. Wed. Rehearsal 6:30-8:30 & Sun. 10:00 - Noon - Approximately 4-6 hours a week. Interested parties should contact Nicole Matos at (302) 521-4873 or email@example.com.